Tuesday, March 17, 2009

More pretty girls

I'm still working on pretty girls by following SuziBlu's Petite Doll course. I'm not strictly following her instructions even though they are wonderful. I needed to get the girl in front of the piano out of my mind and onto paper/wood. She'll hang in my office for all my piano students to see on their arrival. The quote, from Plato, says: "Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything." Those aspects of communication are the reasons that music has been and always will be an integral part of my world. I have always expressed my emotions better through music than a spoken or written word. Unfortunatly, I feel that my spoken word truly deteriorated after my little mini stroke. I'm not truly complaining, I am very lucky at the mildness of the episode, but at times I truly cant find words, simple words, and it is very frustrating to the well-educated side of me to be lacking in this respect. Thankfully my musical skills seem to have withstood without a lasting negative effect. I can sit down and pour out every last drop of emotion. Happiness, sadness, grief, playfullness, just about anything can be articulately expressed through a song. It pours out any emotion and truly leave me feeling better, more level, like I've just been through some intensive therapy.
Anyways, once again my words are jumbling. I hope that each of you has that "something" that allows your world to be more peaceful and soothing. Take care.

4 comments:

  1. OH, I think Suzi would be proud!

    God Bless You and Yours
    and Yours Creative Life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandy I just love these two paintings what a wonderful job....just precious...you've come a long way baby!! Yes I would be honored if you shared my poem with your family. I expect people to enjoy it! You should add your angel to the top of it!! So beautiful....I think it will be a lovely gesture!! Thanks for the love!

    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paintings look beautiful, Brandy! I bet your music students will be so inspired by those words and your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brandy ,
    Glad you stopped by my blog , your girls are beautiful.
    The sentiments about your music are wonderful , great outlet.

    ~ Beautiful Blessings to You ~
    JoyceAnn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...