Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dream Big

P2210265

It’s a bright and cheerful morning here although still cold.  We’ve been having some beautiful pink sunrises that I really need to get out and capture with the camera. 

It has been a very busy week here.  Monday’s appt. lasted over 3 hours, Tuesday I had an allergy scratch test that lasted about 1 1/2 hours and then went to visit my Grandma at the nursing home.  She wasn’t in her room and when I asked where she was found out she had been sent to the hospital.  She is ok, but I spent a portion of my afternoon sitting with her there.  I’m hoping to stay away from any more doctors offices or hospitals for a good long time!

P2210267

Today I’d like to share a bit more of my Altered Book of Me.  Again, thanks to Tam for giving away the Art, Heart & Healing class.  I’ve gotten a lot out of the class and have really enjoyed the projects.  This spread was all about not giving up on your dreams, and enjoying all the steps that might be involved with reaching some of your dreams.  I feel that you really can reach your dreams, no matter how big, but they often require a lot more work than one would expect.  I think its important to take pleasure not just in the attainment of your goals, but in all the hard work that helps you meet them.  Think of all the things you’ve learned along the way to each goal.  Its usually much more rewarding and involved than you would have initially thought and the lessons you learn along the way are just as priceless as the satisfaction of reaching the goal itself. 

P2210268

Most of all its important to believe in yourself and give value your dreams.  Fight for what you believe in.  If you don’t fight for what you want, no one else will.  Be strong, be happy, be you.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely project - ideal during such worrying times. Truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Brandy! I love what you say about giving value to your dreams.

    Your journal looks great, I love those watery green colors reminds me of the ocean.

    I'm needing your email ;) please stop by my blog when you get a chance and catch up on the latest about Sisterhood of the Traveling Sketch Books. It's almost ready to start! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good words, Brandy. Fine art project also. I love your colors! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...