Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My favorite painting

Here's another painting that I did not to long ago.  This one is the largest I've painted.  It's about 2'x3'.  I've wanted to paint this picture since my first visit to Hawaii over 10 years ago and just did it.  I love Hawaii and am fascinated with sea turtles.  I was fortunate enough to see tons of them and took lots of pictures.  This painting is based from my favorite pic.  I also got to snorkel in a few areas where there were many turtles swimming.  It was incredible!

I love how this turned out and it now hangs over our couch.  I think this is my favorite painting I've ever done and love that I get to see it everyday!

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful !
    I love sea turtles very much. In fact when I was severely depressed a few years back, I used to visualize swimming under the sea, holding on the the shell of one of those magnificent creatures. It was a soothing comfort to me.
    You have captured their beauty perfectly here ! Brava !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...