Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Altered book of Me

P2210249

I’ve slowly been working through the projects from Willow’s awesome Art, Heart, and Healing class from last fall.  (You can see my empathy monsters here.)  I finished my altered board book over the weekend.  This was a great project for me.  I was able to come to terms with some things from my childhood that sometimes still bothered me.  I was able to do this in a loving, constructive, and unforced manner and I feel good better about these things now.  I’m sure they’ll reappear when life gets to me, but I think I’ve found a way to deal with them in a more positive manner now.  That should allow me to get through these feelings to a more positive place when they do bother me.

P2210250The photo I scratched up and used for the cover of my book was taken by my hubby on our last trip to Key West.  He had run something back to the car while I waited at the bar and he tried to sneak taking some pictures but I turned and spotted him.  I was so relaxed and happy and just living in the moment when that was taken.  I want to live in the moment more often and I hope seeing this picture will remind me to do that.

I’ll share more of the book in the coming days.  We’re still covered in ice here with all the schools on their 3rd day of closings.  That means that I haven’t been teaching either.  A forced break.  Good for catching up on some things that needed to be done, but bad for the pocketbook.  I know what I want to work on today, just trying to find the one thing necessary to execute my plan.  I’m not sure I have it in the house.  I’m hoping I do so I can get moving on this fun project.   I hope all of you have time today to play.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the board. You do look so relaxed in that picture. I started Willow's class but stopped along the way for some reason. I'll have to get back to it. It was so generous of her to offer it and I LOVE what you're doing with what she teaches.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...