Friday, October 26, 2007

Its Friday



I am currently working with the local high school drama troupe on their yearly musical. This year is proving to be especially challenging as the piano score was totally illegible. I am working from a vocal book and making up not only the accompaniment, but also the chords the accompaniment is based on. This is not my specialty in music so I feel very overwhelmed and uncomfortable. If I had a readable piano book I would be just fine, but being classically trained does little for improvisational skills. So that is my challenge. We have just about half a month left and next week I'll miss 2 rehearsals for a short vacation. Hopefully things with the pit band will take shape and smooth out before opening night.




I worked on a Halloween project tonight, but I'm sharing the fairie door I made a while ago. This is mounted to my kitchen cabinets. She is right below the drinking water faucet at my house. She makes me smile. I hope she does the same for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...