Thursday, October 25, 2007

New beginnings



I don't really consider myself all that computer literate. That being said, I've been looking at numerous blogs as daily inspiration for my art. Naturally the urge to try my hand at blogging has taken form so here I am.





I love being creative. My favorite mediums are glass, beads, polymer clay and paints. The picture is of an outlet cover I made in polymer clay following the inspiration of Christie Friesen. Its in my dining room. Its been up for about a month now and everytime I see it I smile.


Today I've been working on a second mermaid after being inspired by http://tinkerart.typepad.com/tinker_art/


She published a pattern and I thought it'd be cool to make one in polymer. I did one straight from her pattern last night. I embellished with glitter, embossing powder, and pearlx mica powders. I coated it in a thick layer of UTEE to give a great glass sheen to the little gal. Here's how she turned out.



Today I've made my own smaller pattern using the same concept to make a paper doll like mermaid. She's not quite done yet but is looking fab.

1 comment:

  1. She looks beautiful! So glad you made her and shared her with the rest of us.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging ~ Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...