Thursday, December 20, 2007


I did a bunch of errands this morning and afterwards spent some time just wandering around the craft store. Every year my family draws 2 names. 1 name we do a traditional gift exchange. The other name we must make the person something. Its really neat to get a handmade gift made especially for you. Some of the things that have been made will definetly turn into family heirlooms. Anyways, this year I have someone who I thought would be easy, but the more I thought about it the more I knew I wanted to make something completely different than anything I've ever given them before. My wanderings inspired me to choose something I've thought of trying for a few months. I can't say much more or post a pic til after Christmas, but I started it today and its going well, but slow.
I've made it a point while being out the past 2 days to be extra happy on the outside-even if I'm not completely feeling it through and through. Its kinda funny to watch peoples reactions when you smile at them and act in a polite manner at this time of year. Unfortunatly its a rarity for them to experience. I find it sad that the season of Christmas that should be so filled with love is so overdone that it just causes so much unnecessary stress.
Todays art is a sketch I drew and painted with acrylics. I shrunk it down (along with the snowman art from a few days ago) copied it, and am using it for my present tags.
Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you make!! Fun Santa!

    Hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...