Wednesday, December 5, 2007



We got our Christmas tree decorated last night. I have to go get another thing of garland but its really beautiful already. I've been busy the past few days. Christmas in Ida was great as usual. It snowed on the parade and was really pretty with the lights. We had a great time. Sunday we went to our nephews band concert and then went to a Messiah concert later that evening. I really enjoyed the Messiah. This is the 2nd year I've gone to this groups concert of it and I think this year was better than last. Very beautiful and a wonderful way to get me in the Christmas mood. Monday night I went to a bar with a friend and listened to a jazz group from a nearby college. They were good and the evening was relaxing and nice.

My teaching was horribly hard yesterday. I have most of my younger students on Tuesdays. I really wasnt thinking when I put the schedule together. They are all so hopped up on Christmas stuff that it was nearly impossible for me to finish a sentence without them tangeting off into some activity that they're going to be doing soon, or anything else besides piano. I dont know how I'll get through that for the next 2 weeks.

I think this might be my last fairie for awhile. I gave my sis a copy of her fairie and my niece said "where's mine". Well, this is hers although she's not getting it til Christmas. This time I tried using only watercolors. I'm not very good in this medium, but I think it turned out ok. Its not my favorite. Her dress is wrong but I'm not sure how to make it better.

Tonight is our first Wednesday night Advent service of the year. I love these services as they truly allow me to slow down and meditate on the incomprehensible act of God sending us his son knowing he would be a sacrafice. Christmas truly is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...