Monday, December 10, 2007



We had a bit of an ice storm here Sunday and into today. All the schools closed which means my lessons get cancelled too. My mom was borrowing my truck so I had no temptation to go anywhere. I worked on the Christmas ornaments I'll be giving to all my students. They're polymer clay. I made a piano keyboard cane to use on part of the music note. I used some leather crafting tools to make impressions in the clay in a few designs. I wrote each students name and the year on their ornament. Then the fun-I pulled out my pearlx powders and made everything shimmer. I love those powders. The pics are bad because of the glare, but I hope the idea comes thru.

I'm in a much better frame of mind today. I'm still fighting off the depression that is looming, but at least I'm trying. I've got lots of ideas brewing in my head that I'd like to work out in my art. Some ideas for gifts and others just to try and see what happens. To be honest the unexpected free time I had today really helped me not get that overwhelmed feeling I was bordering on for homemade gifts.

Our new bathtub will be installed tomorrow. I wont be able to use it til Christmas eve but I'm still super excited to be rid of the old yucky one. No amount of scrubbing could get it clean and it had a low spot where water collected and never drained properly.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these ornaments!!!
    Your students are sure to love
    them too.

    Have a Blessed Month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Flassie. I need to add some gloss and pretty ribbon to them before they're given out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I do feel better today. I can at least move now. Lots of sewing to do.
    Love that you put the childrens name on their ornaments also. What great idea!

    Have a Merry Blessed Christmas and a Happy Blessed New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids will be thrilled with those ornaments. I can see them 30 years down the road remembering the loving care you took to add their names and the date! Wonderful loving idea! This is the real joy that Christmas is made of!

    Hugs To you!
    I love my tub, I'm sure it will be thrilling! Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better! Take care!

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...